Zucchini Muffins

 We're about two weeks into summer vacation and the kids are eating us out of house and home! They are hungry all the time, especially after swimming. So I always have something they can munch on for snack.  Last week I baked these twice, two batches were gone before my very eyes. They loved them, and I am happy because I get to use up the growing number of zucchini in our garden. I have a feeling I will me baking these muffins very often during the summer months, to help fill up the my kiddos bellies!








3 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/3 c. sugar
2 eggs
2/3 c. butter, melted (plus 1 Tbl. for later)
2 tsp. vanilla

3 c. grated un-peeled zucchini

Whisk together, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
 In a separate bowl, beat together sugar and eggs until creamy.
Add the 2/3 cup melted butter, vanilla and mix well.
Add the shredded zucchini and mix to combine.
 Last, add the dry ingredients and mix just until blended.
Batter will be very thick.
Melt one Tablespoon butter and using a pastry brush, brush all over the muffin cups.  
Distribute batter evenly between greased muffin cups, filling completely full.
Bake at 180//350 degrees for 21-23 minutes for regular muffins or 30-32 minutes for jumbo muffins.  Muffins will be browned and a toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean.  


***I used muffin liners, you cou also use cooking spray instead of the 1 tablespoon meltes butter.



recipe source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie